The Arts Council of New Westminster (ACNW) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the visual, literary and performing arts. Its aim is to bring the community together through the Arts. The ACNW operates The Gallery at Queen’s Park, featuring visual art exhibitions by local, emerging, and established artists, as well as serving as a hub space for the arts in New Westminster by hosting a variety of talks, workshops and special events.
The ACNW is seeking to fill the volunteer position of Box Office Attendant to work at the Massey Theatre and provide support to the Last Monday at the Movies Coordinator with the implementation of Last Monday at the Movies program. This is an excellent position for someone who wants to gain work experience or develop existing skills in customer service. Box Office volunteers are responsible for the running the Box Office. They must be comfortable in dealing with the public and making cash transactions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Setting up box office
- Taking cash sales
- Answering inquiries
- Doing will call (tickets on hold)
- Tracking sales on program reports
- Keeping a watchful eye on cash float
- Other duties as required
Last Monday of the month; 6:30pm to 7:45pm.
- Excellent communication skills in English – written and verbal
- Attention to detail and accuracy; strong information monitoring skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous retail experience and/or familiarity with box office procedures helpful
- Valuable contribution to/engagement with the New Westminster Arts community
- Making connections with like-minded individuals; regularly meeting new artists
- Reference letter after 50 hours
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event
- Much appreciation by the staff of The Arts Council of New Westminster
Submit your application at http://artscouncilnewwest.org/ and fill out the online
form, or email email@example.com
For more information, please call the Gallery at 604-525-3244.