UPDATE: If you applied on or after January 31, please resubmit your application!!
Submission Deadline is February 14, 2024. See below for important dates.
Are you a New Westminster-based artist with a body of 2D work, who would like an opportunity to have a solo exhibition in New Westminster?
The New Westminster Public Library is seeking community artists for one-month exhibits at their gallery space on the second floor of Main Branch (716 6th Avenue, New Westminster, in Uptown).
Artists will be chosen by a jury of community members. The criteria for selection are that the work is:
1. Responsive to the diverse interests of the entire New Westminster community;
3. Suitable in scale, material, form, subject and content for the library environment;
4. Consistent with the principle of respect for the dignity and worth of all people;
5. Not intended as advertisements or solicitations for recruitment, business, political campaigning or fund-raising; and
6. Ready for display/hanging.
NWPL is particularly interested to showcase the diversity of our community, so artists from marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Group shows are also possible, and potential groups should consider the cohesiveness of the proposed exhibit.
Applications can be made via online submission form here: https://www.nwpl.ca/events-calendar/arts-at-the-library/#Callforartists
Further information is available on that link as well, and any questions can be sent to email@example.com
If you need any accommodations or assistance to apply, please do not hesitate to ask either by email, phone or in person.