The Arts Council of New Westminster (ACNW) is now inviting artists to submit applications for solo or duo exhibitions during the 2018 calendar year.
The ACNW operates a picturesque gallery in Queen’s Park known as The Gallery at Queen’s Park, which features a wide range of visual arts by local and emerging artists in exhibitions which change monthly. If you are an artist and are interested in being considered for the period from January 2018 to December 2018, your submission must reach the Gallery Exhibition Selection Committee (GESC) before August 31st 2017.
To be considered at the next GESC meeting, please submit the following:
- A selection of 8-10 digital images of proposed work you wish to exhibit. Digital images should be jpg format at 150 dpi; each image should be a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels. Image files should be clearly labelled with your Name, the Title of Work, Size in inches and Medium. Example: Artist-Title-Size-Medium.jpg
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number, email, website).
- An Artist Statement giving your aims and objectives as an artist in relation to your work.
- A Curriculum Vitae (3 pages max.) to establish a better understanding of your background and experience.
- A written proposal for public programming to be produced and hosted by the artist at the Gallery. The public programming event must take place during regular posted open hours, on either a Saturday or Sunday, during the exhibit. Proposed public programming may be events such as an artist talk, performance art, theoretical or technical seminar, live drawing/painting, social practice etc.
Please include all written material as PDF files and submit via email to email@example.com with “Exhibition Submission – The Gallery at Queen’s Park” in the subject line. Please ensure that attachments total less than 5MB.
Deadlines for submission is August 31, 2017. Applications will not be rolled over. To be considered for an application for the following year, please re-apply.
PLEASE NOTE: The proposed exhibition submission must not have been showcased in New Westminster in the preceding 12 months, nor (upon acceptance) be displayed in any other New Westminster gallery during the exhibiting year.
For more information on how to apply for an exhibition, please refer to the Exhibition Application package.
Any other inquires can be made by phone 604-525-3244 or by email: gallery [at] acnw [dot] ca