The Arts Council of New Westminster (ACNW) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the visual, literary and performing arts. Its aim is to bring the community together through the Arts. The ACNW organizes ArtsToGo Tents, free all-ages art workshops held at various venues throughout the City of New Westminster, inviting members of the community to take part in creating art and participate in associated events.
The ACNW is seeking ArtsToGo Workshop Assistants to provide support to the ArtsToGo instructors. This is an excellent position for someone who wants to work closely with the public in a lively and interactive arts environment and gain experience in teaching art and working with children. Please note: a criminal record check will be required for any volunteers working with children.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting the ArtsToGo instructor during art-making workshops
- Helping the instructor with the set-up and take-down of the event; may be required to lift and carry boxes, tables and chairs
- Working with children and families; facilitating with art-making
- Working indoors and outdoors
A commitment of one afternoon/evening per month – 2 hours
Knowledge and Experience
- An interest and/or background in art, teaching and working with children, families and the public in general
- Excellent communication skills in English – written and verbal
- Comfortable working with children and groups
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to meet deadlines; creative problem solving; flexible and adaptable
- Experience in the preparation/facilitation of art-making events; learning about teaching
- Valuable contribution to/engagement with the New Westminster Arts community
- Reference letter after 50 hours
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event
- Much appreciation by the staff of The Arts Council of New Westminster
Submit your application at http://artscouncilnewwest.org/ and fill out the online form, or email email@example.com
For more information, please call the Gallery at 604-525-3244.