The Arts Council of New Westminster (ACNW) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the visual, literary and performing arts. Our aim is to bring the community together through the Arts. The ACNW is seeking Event Production Crew members for our programming across New Westminster, outside of The Gallery at Queen’s Park. As the public face and representative of the ACNW, Event Production Crew members are an important part of the Arts Council’s grass-roots efforts with the local community. This is an excellent position for someone who is enthusiastic about the arts and wants to contribute to their community’s vibrancy.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the installation and take-down of events.
- Maintaining and reminding audience members of social distancing and other COVID safety measures.
- Monitoring the perimeter of the audience seating area to ensure all audience members enter through the gate, and dispersing crowds that may gather outside the perimeter.
- Learning about the ACNW events/programs; answering any public inquiries abou the events and activities.
- Promoting the ACNW, its programs and events in a professional and courteous way; making friendly connections with businesses and organizations
First and Third Saturday of the month, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Knowledge and Experience
- Keen interest/background in the arts and community relations
- Previous experience with event production
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills; professional and courteous
- Prepared to work outside in all types of weather
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently; comfortable engaging with the public
- Event production experience; learning about the Arts in your community
- Valuable contribution to/engagement with the New Westminster Arts community
- Reference letter after 50 hours
- A Seasons Pass to our “Last Monday at the Movies” program
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event
- Much appreciation by the staff of The Arts Council of New Westminster